Friday, May 7, 2010

New Baby Girl Card

Was asked by a great friend to make a card for her new baby niece - Leifa.  So I used this wonderful digi by Jane which is available here.  I just ADORE it and have used it on many cards.  I haven't previously coloured "Gerry the Giraffe" pink though... don't know if he is too happy! LOL!!

I matted and layered on Bazzill dotted swiss cardstock and textured pink cardstock by Papermania.  Used my new Spellbinders Curved Rectangle nesties to cut and emboss.  Added a little flower in various shades of pink as an embellishment (used one of these on a card recently and a lot of people asked me who made them - they are in a packet by Craftime and were on sale in Woodies) which I removed after taking this photo and added a pale pink button by Basic Grey instead with some crochet thread tied in a bow... sorry, didn't take a second photo before I delivered the card to my friend.  Opps!

Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you enjoyed my digi week.  I love digis and how you can resize, reprint, add computer generated sentiments, paper piece.... and of course colour!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

16 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Totally gorgeous!!!! Love that warm pink and the cute nesties! Jo x

Dawn T said...

Gerry looks delightful in Pink!!! Love this image

Tracey said...

So adorable...LOVE him in pink!!!

Emma said...

The image is so cute coloured in pink! Love it!

Monika Lerch said...

So ein tolles Motiv ! Die gestaltung ist auch wieder zauberhaft.

Liebe Grüße Moni

Kelly Booth said...

So Cute Deirdre...LOVE this Sweet card!!

Jenyfur said...

This is SO fabulous! LOVE it!

Sanne said...

Cute baby card - nice to see Janes Giraffe again :)

Julie M said...

Such a cute card, Deirdre - "Geraldine" the Giraffe looks happy in pink to me!!

Julie x

Juls said...

so sweet!! Loving the little flower! Hugs Juls

Tiffany Ervin said...

The perfect image for a baby card! Pretty colors and I love the personalized sentiment!

Alice said...

so super cute! such a lovely card, Deirdre!! love how your colored the image!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, this pink giraffe is too cute and clever! Perfect card to welcome a baby girl.....love it!

Monika Reeck said...

very cute pinky baby card dear...perfect for a new Baby Girl....hugs, Monika

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

What a sweeet card. Love it, Deirdre!

Debbie Stip said...

I love it, it's so adorable!
xxDebbie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips