Sunday, April 18, 2010

Royal Battle - Week Four

Where has the week gone?  Oh yah... I know... in blind panic!!!!  I kid you not...

This week's challenge over on The Greeting Farm is candy packaging.... and it was my turn to complete our entry for this week's challenge.... so I started with this!
Very important to have the right product to work with right? and decided to choose this....
 
I had LOADS of ideas floating around in my head for this challenge but getting them completed in the time frame was the difficult part... I could have produced many lines of packaging - different colours, themes, baby shower favors.. you name it... I could package it with the wonderful Greeting Farm images.
Anyhow... I only had since Wednesday morning and I came  up with the idea of an easel card/scene sitting on top of a candy bar!!!  And to the execution of said idea... here is my "hansel and gretel" house.... with some friends!.
I just had to use Ivy Morning... and layered a second flower box on top, added tiny little flowers and gems I had in my stash and white gel pen accents to the coloured flower centers.  
Had to include a sweet shop sign (candy store!!)... used the top of the Ivy Morning window and free-handed the rest!... little punched heart for good measure with a doodle!  The owl is from this set.

And for the main card... I enlarged a stamped image of one of the houses from this set.
I used my recent win over on TGF blog (thank you Marie) - "Laurie Cookies" with her tray of yummy delights - cut and layered (very apt given the chocolate bar was cookie crumble!).

Now, do you want to sing along.... "Sweets for my sweet.... sugar for my honey"!! - the sentiment is a computer generated font called "Scrubble".
I really hope that you like our entry.  There are lots of tiny details/layers that are difficult to capture.  However, I will post some more details tomorrow.  Hope you like our entry enough to vote for us here.  

Only one vote per person this week (new rules).  Voting - let me explain how it works - you add a comment under our entry to cast your vote (you do need to be registered with TGF but that only takes a couple of minutes).

Many many thanks... we really appreciate each and every vote.  A BIG THANK YOU FROM KATHY, FIKA & ME.  We are thrilled to be participating in this fun challenge.  Fingers and toes crossed for this week!.

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

Stunning Deirdre,.... hope you make it through to the next week,

Shirl said...

What can I say about this card except stunning everything about it is beautiful soo much detail.
Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Angels and good luck with the top 3.
Hugs Shirley x x x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips